We recently looked at Sophia Mind’s study on Latinas and their use of social networks. While that post focused on a general lack of relevant online content and sense of community for this segment, I wanted to take a moment and spotlight some of the Latina bloggers that are indeed developing some very cool content! This is an exciting, growing area to look at, especially since the study mentions that blogs and recommendations by people they trust are more important to Latina consumers than ads or pitches by salespeople at the moment of purchase.
Here are some of the blogs I like, based on their frequency of posts, level of interaction and originality of content:
- Mamá Contemporánea: A very stylish blog for the “domestic diva,” this site posts regularly, has tons of cool giveaways and gets its readers to comment & interact.
- The Tiki Tiki Blog: Featuring stories with cultura, color y sabor, this blog’s posts are mostly in English, but span topics from news and pop culture to recipes and reflection.
- The Cheap Chica’s Guide to Style: Penned by a fashion & style expert Lilliana Vazquez, this stylish site features the latest fashion trends.
- Taza de Chocolate: I love this blog’s focus on cooking traditional Mexican recipes, and the photos make posts extremely easy to follow, even for a novice chef like me!
- Modern Mami: Parenting blog, with especially great posts for working moms.
- Spanglish Baby: Great resource for parents raising bilingual kids. Bonus features include forums and weekly “Ask an expert” posts.
- Lali Amora: Blogger dedicated to beauty, especially sharing make-up tips with plenty of photos!
There are also some great Latino blog directories as the list continues to grow:
- HispanicPRBlog does a nice spotlight on Latino bloggers pretty regularly.
- Blogs by Latinas is a directory you can browse or add your site to.
- Blogadera is a great blog network and directory for “content curators”
This is just a very select few from a growing blogosphere. What’s your favorite Latina blog?